- We went to Kolomoki (a plantation in Blakeley, GA) so the guys could go quail hunting. Adelyn got her first horse ride and we all had a great time!
- The big change around here is Adelyn's BIG GIRL bed! We put her in the toddler bed after being out of town all weekend. Adelyn had a short nap that Suday afternoon and went to bed later than normal. I thought that since she was so tired, it'd be a good night to start. I was WRONG! She went to sleep just fine, but woke up a few hours later screaming her head off! After several attempts to calm her, we just put her back in her crib. The next day, we tried again at nap time and there have been zero problems ever since! It's been well over a week now. Brenda put up her toddler bed and she's napped fine over there as well (she naps there 2-3 times a week when I tutor). She cracks me up because when she wakes up, she knocks on her door. She can open every door in the house, yet doesn't venture out. She will crack it open and say, "Mama, Daddy??". I know she'll start roaming the house soon, but for now.....Yay, Adelyn!
- I turned 33 on February 10th. I had my 20 week ultrasound on this day. Those of you that know me, know that my birthday isn't my favorite day of the year. Since I was little, bad luck has always fallen on this day. I was reluctant to have this important ultrasound on this day, but it's how it worked out. Maybe the tides are changing! Seth and I watched out little baby move all over the place (the u/s technician said the baby was running from her!). The baby is healthy and all of the measurements were on target. I am so excited for the end of June to meet this sweet baby! We did not find out the sex. That night, Seth brought home Kern's Fine Food for dinner and an ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery for dessert. He also got Adelyn to say "Happy to you, Momma!" and this continued on Valentine's Day with "Happy to you, Daddy/Bam-pa/Bam-ma/etc.". My mom came in town that weekend and we took Adelyn to the Aquarium and the Kani House (Japanese hibachi)
- Some cute things Adelyn says/does these days:
- "I wuv you, Momma/Dada"- my FAVORITE...there is nothing sweeter!
- spinning in circles until she's so dizzy she falls and then proceeds to crack up with fits of giggles
- giving her babies milk
- saying "Bum" (come) and grabs your hand leading you where she wants to sit (she is ALWAYS planning where everyone should sit)
- she really into wearing headbands, necklaces, and bracelets. She puts on my headbands (that I wear to the gym or use when washing my face)- some are necklaces and others are "helmets" as she calls them. It's hilarious! We have been going to story time at the library each week and once she wore all her accessories. I went with two girlfriends that have boys and I'm not sure they knew what to think!
|Adelyn's first night in the toddler bed|
|Adelyn and Seth riding Earl|
|Gorgeous nightly sunset|
|The bird buggy pulled by the mules, Kate and Ruby|
|Seth, Adelyn, and the gun. Nice.|
|The kids rocking away|
|She LOVES to be tossed up (and Seth obviously loves to throw her pretty high)|
|Adelyn with Duke and Sly|
|I can't believe they all looked at the camera on two separate occasions!|
|nap time on Sunday's hunt|
|Pregnant lady on a horse!|
|Grandpa giving Adelyn her first Coke (She asked everyone for a "bite". We had to teach her SIP)|
|My mom, Adelyn, and Seth at the Aquarium|
|We crawled though 30 feet of tunnel and could pop up into these viewing areas to get a close up view of the penguins!|
|This slide looked like a whale's mouth. It was probably 10 feet high/long. Notice how I went down WITH Adelyn....|
|When Seth went with her, he sent her down alone! I wish you could see the look on her face! She was shocked (and so were my mom and I).|
|Family pic with Atlanta skyline|
|Nana, Adelyn, and me|
|Chopsticks at Kani House! It was Valentine's Day weekend and P-A-C-K-E-D. Dinner took 2 hours. She spent most of dinner eating rice in Seth's lap. She enjoyed the show and wasn't freaked out by the grill's blaze!|
|Heather joined us|
|Valentine's Day...twirling in her outfit|