Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Adelyn is going to be a big sister!

We're having another one! Baby Thomas #2 is due at the end of June and we couldn't be happier! I have been feeling fine. With Adelyn, my only major symptom was fatigue. With this one, I have experienced occasional times when I'm not feeling so hot. Other than that, I've just been super tired. Adelyn doesn't really get it (and we haven't made a big deal about it). She does love baby dolls though...so hopefully that will carry over to her real baby sibling!

Like with Adelyn, we will not be finding out the sex. I'll be happy with either gender, but one person in this house has a vote for a particular gender. :)

We went to the 12 week ultrasound. I was actually only 11 weeks, but this was when the office scheduled me. The ultrasound technician has a very dry personality (I actually remember her from doing Adelyn's). When we walked in, she said, "I don't know why you're here. You should really be 12 to 13 weeks along for me to see what I need to see. We'll just have to see what we can get.". I was thinking I'd be back later for another ultrasound. This is the one where they rule out chromosomal disorders by measuring fluid in the back of the baby's neck. As soon as she put the transducer on my belly, she saw the baby. She said this was a textbook picture and that the baby was doing exactly what she needed him/her to do! Her entire demeanor changed and she was now the most excited woman in the world! The baby was sticking its tongue out and put its hand on its head. She even said she was having so much fun and knew she needed to be doing other people's ultrasounds. She printed out several cute shots of our little baby! So far, everything is looking good (normal!).

Please keep us in your prayers during this exciting time in our lives! Merry Christmas!!


Adelyn wore this shirt (designed and made by my sister-in-law Melissa) to Seth's grandfather's house and my family Christmas in Hickory to share the news


No comments: