Friday, August 22, 2014

Random


We are wrapping up these last days of summer before school starts. Public school has been in session for a few weeks now and lots of Adelyn's friends have already begun.
She's staying at Cumming First United Methodist Church for Kindergarten (and James will be in the 3s) and they don't start until the day after Labor Day.

It's been a fun summer. We've been on some great trips and spent a lot of quality time together (me not really tutoring plus NO camps equals a LOT of time together).

 That being said, it's been a long summer (James and his "terrible threes" coupled with potty training issues can make for some serious pull-your-hair-out days). 

BUT, time is fleeing. My precious two are getting older and time goes by too fast. Here are some random pictures of what we've been up too the past weeks....

Something major that happened to Adelyn is she learned to ride her bike! 

She's come a long way....(below is Adelyn 2 years ago). She used to hate riding her bike!


We *try* to do a little homework each day. Here's Ms. Adelyn working on some math.

Funniest moment EVER. We met some friends at a local trout farm (hello, random excursion). There was a little hike you could do and Adelyn and her buddy ran up ahead. Adelyn came running back, covered in green and in tears. She thought this duckweed covered (algae) pond was just more grass! She ran right into it and had to claw her way out of the pond. "I am NOT happy!" was what she kept repeating. 

Ah, a Tuesday night date at Rio Balsas! My mom came in town (Seth left the next day for a McLaren event in CA) and granted us a date night.
My mom and I took the kids to a water park in Gainesville. It's awesome when school is back in and places like this are still open. We practically had it to ourselves! My mom and also made the trek to Ikea another day. Love that store!

Practicing her crazy jumps!

Open House at CFUMC. I am so excited about what all she is going to learn this year. Mrs. Cochran will be amazing!

Hey look, I have my very own cartoon character!

Fun play date at a local park with Adelyn's upcoming kindergarten class 


I got to meet Madison Sarena Ross! The kids and I took them dinner and I got to love on this sweet baby. 

Pool fun at a friend's neighborhood pool! Again, school is back in so we had it to ourselves! There were some other preschoolers hanging out. 

No comments: