Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy 2014 (and our first trip of the year)

Happy New Year! 

For the first time in 5 years, Seth and I went on out New Year's Eve. We got a sitter and met some of my favorite people for dinner at Cabernet. It was fun to get dressed up and enjoy a nice meal. 
Me, Laura, and Heather 

Mel, Trevor, and Seth

The next morning, we left for Florida. When we arrived in Clearwater, it was rainy. We hung out at the hotel and Seth and I took the kids across the street to the beach. They had a huge trampoline and Adelyn wanted to try it. I will forever have her squeals embedded in my memory. Check it out here. The kids and I put our feet in the ocean. It was pretty chilly!

On Thursday morning, we went to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium. It's a marine rescue center (where Winter the dolphin resides). I have lots of videos posted below, but they're all super short. 
Family shot
Agh!

Adelyn chillin' with Winter

They loved touching the stingrays
Emily, Thomas, and Adelyn did the Encounter with the Dolphins package. This allowed them to be on the platform during one of the presentations. They got to do all kinds of neat things with the dolphins.  

Adelyn posing with Hope. She also got to feed her! (video here
Each child got to throw a toy for Hope to fetch. 
Here are some short video clips of how the kids got to interact with the dolphins: 

This was definitely something I'LL never forget. It was a very special day!

More on this trip to come....post TBC


No comments: