Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter 2014


We had a wonderful Easter celebrating the resurrection of Christ. I hope the kids are really learning what Easter is all about. They seem to pick up more and more each year and I pray this continues. We made resurrection rolls and read the bible stories over and over. 

The Saturday before Easter was the Oak Grove egg hunt. There was quite a turn out and it was lots of fun!








On Wednesday, James had his class party. They hunted eggs, ate a little lunch, and it was over in 30 minutes.
Adelyn had her party on Thursday. This sweet face cracks me up! They hunted eggs and had to find 18 with their name on it. Then they ate an adorable lunch and played.

My parents came in town Friday afternoon for the weekend. :)
James was not into dying the eggs. In fact, I think this is the only one he did. Adelyn loved it! She was not into mixing colors, which surprised me.

Saturday night, we had a couples' wedding shower and a pirate/Jimmy Buffet 40th birthday party. The kids stayed with my parents. 


Easter morning bunny pancakes


The Easter bunny left baskets on the porch. James was stoked to get Skipper from Planes. 


And Adelyn was ecstatic to get the Frozen movie


Mac and Bentley enjoying Easter morning


My precious peeps in their Easter outfits. 




We enjoyed having my parents in town Easter weekend. They went to church with us Sunday morning


Little Choir sang Easter morning. James did shout-outs to Thomas in the choir and all family members in the audience. I guess this is better than picking his nose, like he's done in the past?
We spent Sunday night at Seth's Papa's house. They did an egg hunt and we ate a delicious dinner. 
Some eggs were in trees!




Easter is one of my favorite holidays for all that it represents. New life, warm and beautiful weather, and a renewed sense of hope.

No comments: