Sunday, August 13, 2017

Folly Beach- Part 2

The rest of the week was just as fun as the beginning! 

On Tuesday morning, Adelyn took surf lessons! 

Her instructor, Mindy, was so sweet! 
Adelyn got up immediately!







The lesson was an hour and a half and she rocked it. I think we have sealed the deal for Adelyn attending College of Charleston in 2027. YES!


My friend from college, Heather, came by that day to hang out on the beach. It's always great to catch up with her! 

My parents did their date night in Charleston Tuesday night, so we made tacos. 
The kids loved night swimming! My other friend Heather and her son Zephyr came over that night and we let the kids swim until 9:30. So fun!

On Wednesday, we took a break from the beach and had a girls day in downtown Charleston. We went shopping and had lunch at Fast and French
Lunch turned out now to be so FAST and Adelyn did not like her soup. Other than that, it was a great day! 

That night, we ate at Bowen's Island. It's always a family favorite! My handsome boys bought matching hats at McKelvin's earlier that day and then happened to kind of match. 

SO good! Mom and I split the low country boil and everyone else got fried seafood
Of course, we had to get ice cream afterwards!
The Tides, the hotel next door, shows movies on the beach on Wednesday nights. I didn't think the kids would want to see Frozen for the 3,754th time but they watched the whole thing with joy. 
My mom and I walked almost every morning and love to see the funky Folly homes. 
On Thursday evening, we went on a boat ride. My dad recently retired, but Billy (he owns a carpet store nearby) takes us out on his boat. His wife Corey is just as nice and it's always a great sight seeing boat ride!
Billy and my dad

Nana and James 
James sporting some serious boat hair
When we got back, we made a mad dash to get dressed, take the kids to eat at Sushi by Lisa, and then head downtown to meet my friend Cory. 
We had drinks at The Watch. I love this rooftop venue, as it offers panoramic views of downtown. After this we went to Rappahannock Oyster, a new restaurant in an old cigar factory. I loved catching up with Cory!

Friday was our last day, so it was a FULL day on the beach. James lost his head. Luckily we found it buried in the sand. 
Adelyn loves to be buried!
We walked along the beach to Bert's to get chili dogs for lunch
GAG! These hot dogs are under $2 and the kids LOVE them. James had one several times throughout the week and was introduced to chili dogs. 
I love my family!

The kids LOVE playing with Uncle Joe! I didn't get any pictures of Kate and her two daughters, but they came by Friday afternoon. We enjoyed some beach and pool time. I am so thankful that I got to see my Charleston girls on this trip! 
Friday night, we grilled out hamburgers. My dad packs his little grill from home 
Since we had to leave the next day, Adelyn organized her shell collection. When we got home, she made shell necklaces for her girlfriends. 
We ate breakfast at Lost Dog Cafe Saturday morning and then parted ways. Clearly, it was an amazing week as James was in TEARS when we were leaving. 

We stopped downtown one last time to let the kids run around The Battery. 
They had fun exploring the cannons!



Thanks, Mom and Dad for a great week! We made so many precious memories with family and friends. 

No comments: