Thursday, October 27, 2011

4 months old

At James's 4 month check up, he weighed 14 pounds 13.6 ounces (47th percentile), was 25 3/4 inches long (76th percentile), and his head circumference was 16 1/2 inches (39th percentile). He's going to be tall and skinny like his daddy! I know I say this every post, but James is so sweet! He is a BIG talker. He coos and makes all sorts of sounds all the time. At church one Sunday, Garry (our preacher) was praying. James was looking at him the entire prayer and babbling away. When Garry was done, James stopped talking as well. It takes nothing to make him smile and he's generally not very fussy. He's still sleeping great (9:30-6/6:30) and nice long naps during the day. We will introduce cereal in the next couple of months.
Adelyn is really enjoying school and the activities that go with it. The school celebrated Grandparents' Day October 21st. Adelyn was so lucky to have both sets attend and we all went to Dairy Queen afterwards for lunch. Adelyn is doing pretty good with potty training. She wears panties at night too. She's really just had one night accident in a week and a half. Her problem area is #2 in the potty. I met my friend Staci and their daughter Hailey at the Cumming Fair a few weeks ago. Both girls had never been and they had a ball! They got on the rides with no problems. I loved watching her face light up as she went around and around! Seth had Adelyn and James for two days while I went to Birmingham to celebrate my friend Amy's baby (due very soon!) and then I helped host a wedding shower on Sunday. It was great to get away with my girlfriends and Seth did an awesome job! I guess this means I can do this a lot more! :)
We're looking forward to celebrating Halloween and then holy cow....it's November! Where does the time go??

James laughing:
http://youtu.be/0bU8Ecvghzo

My parents with kiddos at Kinsey Pumpkin Farm

Sweet Pumpkin





Dang it! I left his hat at home. I took this picture when we returned. 

They look nothing alike, but here's Adelyn in the same outfit at Kinsey Farms (5 months old)






No comments: