Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring Break

I decided to go to Tega Cay for Spring Break and spend the week at my parents' house. Whenever I go home, it's usually just for a rushed weekend. I loaded the car up and left Monday morning. I met an old high school friend (Amber) and her two kids (Eliza Grace and Bennett) in Greenville for lunch. Both of her kids are days a part from mine, so it was fun to catch up with her and watch our girls play together on the Chic Fil A playground (and James and her son ate their toys). Tuesday, we went to my mom's school (it was still open for the daycare portion) and Adelyn got to experience a Montessori classroom. I SO want her to attend a Montessori school....it's just too expensive (three times the cost of what we pay at the Methodist preschool she attends now). It was fun to watch her explore and take it all in. It made me realize what a great Montessori student she would be. :(  We went to Southpark (my all time favorite mall) for a little shopping. On Wednesday morning, we went to Charleston. We were there by lunchtime and had a great picnic on the Battery/Waterfront Park. Then we went to our hotel and had Adelyn take a nap. My friend Heather (another friend from high school) lives at Folly Beach and recently had a baby so we went to their house. They live a few blocks from the beach so we took her golf cart and let the kids play in the sand for a while. James didn't really know what to think and Adelyn was all about it! In fact, I had to bathe her at Heather's house because she was so sandy and wet! My mom and I got take out from Hank's for dinner (YUM) and enjoyed a nice evening. The hotel room was a loft, so once the kids were down we could relax downstairs. The next morning, we went on a walk around downtown. My mom wasn't feeling too hot....turns out she got the stomach bug. It was a pretty miserable ride home! I felt so bad for her. She was all better Thursday morning. She took Adelyn to an indoor playhouse. Seth came Friday evening. Saturday was an Easter egg hunt at my parents' church. We dyed eggs that afternoon and Seth and I had a date night that night (Thai restaurant and a wine bar afterwards). Luckily, the Easter bunny found us at Nana and Grandeddy's Sunday morning. We went to Hickory for Easter lunch. All of my cousins' kids were there and we had an egg hunt. Then we drove to Seth's grandfather's for Easter dinner and another egg hunt! Adelyn did a total of six Easter egg hunts (including her school and church hunt!). It was a fun Spring Break! 
Adelyn, James, Bennett, and Eliza Grace at Chic Fil A- this really helped me break up the trip and it was awesome to see Amber!


James with the Pink Tower

Practical Life- squeezing work (water in a baster)

Sweeping lesson

Picnic on the Battery


Sittin' on a cannon

At the hotel....James climbed the steps for the first time. Can you tell he's a tad proud??

Lovin' the beach!

Folly Beach

James (9 months old) and Zephyr (3 months old). Heather and I have known each other since 7th grade!

Easter bunny at Steele Creek Presbyterian

Add caption


Dying eggs with Nana

Easter Bunny brought Adelyn a Star Wars book!

And James got some new shoes!






Uncle Joe and James in Hickory



Kissing Great Mommy

I didn't get any pictures at Seth's grandfather's. The car ride from Hickory to Dawsonville was NOT fun AT ALL. When I got there they were hunting already. I was so glad to be out of the car and not hearing James crying that I didn't even think about my camera. :(

No comments: