Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Thanksgiving 2014

We headed to my parents' house Wednesday afternoon to enjoy Thanksgiving lunch with them on Thursday. My parents, brother, 2 uncles and their significant others, and one of my mom's friends joined us
 My uncle's girlfriend's daughter (following that?) works at the John Deere headquarters in Iowa. She was kind enough to send James some John Deere mega blocks! He was in heaven, of course! It was like Christmas. (they also brought Adelyn some Barbie accessories). So sweet!


Turkey carving time!

They had their own table


 Ready to dig in!

That night, we went to Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens. Last time I was home, we went to see the newly added children's gardens and my parents bought a family membership. I couldn't believe they were open Thanksgiving night! We went and loved seeing it decorated for Christmas!

 They had a craft area and the kids made peanut butter pine cones for the birds



 Fern and orchid tree in the lobby- it was gorgeous!

And so is Ms. Adelyn! :)

We have so much to be thankful for.

Friday morning, my mom and I did our traditional Black Friday shopping at my favorite mall in Charlotte. We were there at 6 am. We headed back to Georgia after that because Seth and I had a concert to attend!


Brian Davis (a friend's husband) is on tour with Brantley Gilbert and we got backstage passes. It was awesome hanging out in the dressing room and watching the concert from the floor!

Brian sang at Heather and Trevor's wedding. He's awesome and I hope his career continues to explode!


We got the Christmas decorations down over the weekend and the kids loved reuniting  with ALL their favorite Christmas books again. 

No comments: