Friday, April 3, 2015

Disney World

Seth had a race in Sebring on Friday, March 20th. He and Dan finished 7th! Seth almost finished 4th, but ran out of gas when he was almost to the finish line. It was still a great race (especially since his teammates finished 1st!)

We left Sebring and headed to Orlando for a quick Disney weekend. We stayed at The Polynesian. When checking in, they had Seth's parents/Emily/Thomas and Seth/me/kids in different buildings, which is not what we requested. To remedy the situation, they set us up in the Club Level...the Hawaiian, which offers breakfast, appetizers and "happy hour", and after dinner drinks and desserts. Fabulous! 

We ate dinner at O'Hana, the Hawaiian restaurant at the resort. It was awesome food! They serve family style (grilled shrimp, steak, and pork as the main course). By the time dinner was over it was almost 9:30 so we decided to let the kids watch the 10:00 fireworks that night. Our building had a HUGE window that looked over the water and Castle. It was a great place to view the fireworks! 

The next morning, we got moving as early as we could. 

We took the boat over to Magic Kingdom. This was SO easy....the boat pretty much left as soon as we sat down. 

Mandatory family picture with the castle in the background

 We rode the Tomorrowland Speedway. See James's little hands on the steering wheel? ....Grandpa let him drive! 

Emily, Adelyn, and I on the teacups

 Adelyn was tall enough for Space Mountain this year. She was a TAD apprehensive about it. I think she liked it more than she thought she would! I loved it :)

We also rode the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (this was James's favorite ride),  Stitch's Great Escape,The Haunted Mansion, and It's a Small World. It was not terribly crowded or hot in the morning. 

We had lunch reservations at Cinderella's castle. Seth taught James to throw horns at every photo op. MEN!!

Curtsying for Cinderella

 The boys loved their knight costumes. 

This was a great meal! I had salmon and it was seriously SO GOOD!

Snow White


 Ariel (although she's a little scary looking?)


Trying to get the sword from the stone

After lunch we found a shady spot and watched the afternoon parade. James snoozed through the entire show (and a little longer after that) and Adelyn even rested while we waited for it to begin. 

 Seriously, this is the ONLY time we saw Mickey Mouse. How does that happen? 

The afternoon got hot and crowded. Every ride had a 60-80 minute wait. Adelyn really wanted to ride Peter Pan's flight. Seth and I decided we might as well do it, despite the 70 minute estimated wait time. It's either spend 70 minutes complaining about the lines, or get in them! Disney does it right....the wait went by very quickly because they had little activities throughout the winding line. We were out in about an hour. After that we saw Mickey's Philarmagic Show

We had 5:30 Fast Pass for meeting Anna and Elsa. This probably messed us up a little with the Fast Passes since we could have reloaded earlier had we used them all. I tried and tried to get the time earlier before we left, but from what I hear, we were lucky to even get this time.

 I LOVE how Adelyn wrapped herself up in Elsa's dress!

 James showing his muscles. Such the ladies man :)

 Making Sven ears!

 Grandpa bought the girls Anna and Elsa dolls. They were pretty excited!

This girl cracks me up! I had no clue that she put her eye mask on (this is NOTa nightly occurrence). She was one tired cookie. 

It was a jam packed day, but so much fun! Next up....Animal Kingdom!

No comments: