Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Adelyn's 7th Birthday

Ok, 7 just seems really old. I could handle 6, but now I feel like she's REALLY a big kid. She has been SO excited for May 11th to come. 

We ate at Rice with Seth's family on May 9th. This is the birthday tradition with this crew.
Grandma and Grandpa got her the mini Lea Clark American Girl doll,
Blowing out candles on her special dessert

Wednesday May 11th was her actual birthday. Before school, she opened her gift from us.
She was in desperate need of a bigger bike. This is a semi-mountain bike and she LOVES it!
We had to get a quick ride in before leaving for school.

Students can bring in treats on their birthdays. Here's how our conversation went: 

Me: "Want me to bring them in at snack time or lunch time?
Adelyn" "Oh, mom....I know you're busy. You don't have to bring them in. I'll just carry them in when you drop me off"
Me: "I don't mind at all! What time is lunch and I'll bring them in"
Adelyn: "I don't know what time we eat. {It's the END of the SCHOOL YEAR. I'm pretty sure she knows what time she eats} "I'll just bring them in myself"

Ok, got your point. :( So I didn't bring her treats in or eat lunch with my birthday girl. That night, she requested steak. My friend Heather was in town from London, so she and Ms. Madison (20 months old) dined with us. 

Adelyn's slumber birthday party was Friday May 13th. She invited a few girls to spend the night.
 Here she is, anxiously awating the arrival of her guests.
 The first thing the girls did was play upstairs and get into costume
 They all made their own pizzas
 Dining al fresco and enjoying their pizza. See Caroline's? She used a ton of cheese! :)

 After pizza, they went on a scavenger hunt. The clues led to a fun prize!
 It took them all over the house!



 They finally got to the prize basket and found their matching pajamas!

 Posing with their dolls and matching pajamas

After opening presents, they ate ice cream cake from Cold Stone Creamery


Yummy! 

The dolls enjoyed theirs too :)
 A little playground time (in pjs)
 Finally they enjoyed a movie with some popcorn and gummy bears.

They were all asleep by 11:15. There were LOTS of giggles and dancing before they passed out in their sleeping bags.
 Breakfast was pancakes and fruit/donut kabobs
Yum!
There just happened to be a 5k on our street the next morning. The girls went out with pom poms and cheered them on! They were so stinking adorable. They wrote encouraging messages on the driveway and cheered their little hearts out. 
Several runners high five them as they passed by

My parents gave Adelyn a $100 gift card to American Girl. She used her allowance and the gift cards to buy Lea Clark. She just loves these dolls! This was such a fun day for the two of us. It was my last homeschool day with her. After we dropped James off at school, I surprised her with a trip the mall to visit the store. We stopped at Starbucks and then hit the store. After carefully examining every item in the store five times, she chose this (which is what she wanted initially). After that, we went to another store and she chose some new sandals. Then we went to Chic Fil A. It was a fun morning with my precious seven year old. Next year, I will certainly miss this time together. 

Happy 7th birthday, Adelyn Grace!



No comments: