Saturday, August 6, 2016

Folly Beach trip July 2016


The month of July was just about all filled with travel.  We went to Seth's race in Watkins Glen, NY and were home for a few days to celebrate the 4th. Then we drove to Charlotte where I dropped the kids off at my parents and flew to FL. My mom picked me up from the airport and we drove to my most anticipated  week of the year. We went to Folly Beach, SC for our annual beach trip July 9th -16th.

First day on the beach= snow cones from the pier and an all day beach day :)

On Sunday night, I met my college roommate Cory downtown for dinner. We went to The Watch and enjoyed panoramic views and delicious food. I miss Charleston SO much. 
Another roommate, Kate, met up with us later on. It was great to catch up with these girls!
Day 2: Break out the boogie board ALL. DAY. LONG. 


My dad taught us to body surf when we were little and has taken on that role with Adelyn too. She wanted to go "out deep" the majority of the time. Granddeddy and Adelyn bonded out there! :)
My friend from MIDDLE SCHOOL (we've been friends for forever!) lives within walking distance of the condo we stay in and has a son just a tad younger than James. Heather and Zephyr came to play on Monday.
I loved seeing Heather!
This picture is probably not as funny as it was in real life, but James is shooting innocent ocean frolickers with his water squirt gun.
This right here is one of many reasons I miss this area:  the marsh
We ate at Bowen's Island on Tuesday evening
My little loves after dinner
This girl can NOT stop doing cartwheels. She does them in restaurants, bowling alleys, beaches....any surface will do!
The "rage" of the trip was collecting shark teeth. This lady beside Adelyn lingered near us all week long. She's a local. Based on her tan, I think she hunts shark teeth all day every day.

James wanted to buried in the sand. He asked that I make him look like Preacher Craig. Not sure how you do that..... so I made pants and shoes?
I got buried next!
Mermaid Adelyn
Mermaid Nana
My friend Heather (another College of Charleston former roommate) met us for lunch at The Lost Dog Cafe. While James napped Adelyn, Heather, and I had some beach time. We grabbed a fruity adult beach beverage and ended the day poolside with my family. It was great to catch up with her!
On Wednesday night, we went to the Farmers Market and they had food trucks. My kids inhaled Thai noodles
Uncle Joe was great with my kids! Seth had a race and was unable to come until Thursday. Joseph played with the kids so much. Here he his playing baseball on the beach with James.
A random couple found a starfish and gave it to the kids
Wednesday night was also Movie on the Beach. They were showing "Inside Out". It was advertised as beginning at "8ish", but didn't actually start until close to 9. They were getting pretty impatient! They were SO sandy, but watched the entire movie. So fun watching on the beach!

A guy my dad works has taken us on a boat ride around Charleston for the past 2 years. This year, he brought his wife and it was so nice to get to know her!
We saw a TON of dolphins!
Morris Lighthouse
Adelyn occupied herself by tying herself up
Mr. Billy and James
July 9th was our 11th anniversary. Seth got into town just in time for our boat ride. After that, we headed downtown to enjoy an appetizer and drink at The Watch followed by a DELICIOUS meal at 5 Church. 
We woke up Friday morning and grabbed breakfast at Hot Little Biscuit. 
Despite sunscreen and a hat, James earned himself some new freckles. 
We were all excited to have a beach day with Seth!
Of course, we've been looking for shark teeth ALL week and Seth finds 3 in an hour. Adelyn was pumped!


My mom brought a puzzle and we did a little each night. I have honestly never done a big puzzle before, but it was really fun!

We had such a great trip! I just love the beach with my family and friends. 

We booked it back home in time to meet our friends the Jordan's for dinner and the "I Love the 90's" concert. It was an absolute blast!

Please, summer, don't ever end!

No comments: