Monday, December 12, 2016

Thanksgiving

We had such a nice Thanksgiving!

James had his Thanksgiving performance at school. His class dressed as Pilgrims. The kids were out of school the entire week of Thanksgiving! We spent Monday through Wednesday afternoon having play dates and chilling! We left late Wednesday afternoon for my parents' house. 

On Thursday morning, the kids entertained themselves while my mom and I got things ready for lunch. 

Bloody Mary's 
 My dad carved the delicious turkey

 The kids recently tried chicken wings and were in love. We gave them the turkey wings. :) 
My mom with her brother, Richard 
 Wishbone!
My grandmother used to make this green nutty jello salad and we all loved it. My mom made it and Adelyn loved it too!
On Friday night, we went to downtown Charlotte for a German festival (although these are Scottish bagpipe players?). It was a cute little festival! 
 Then we walked to dinner  and made some fun stops along the way!

Making a wish in the fountain
After dinner at RiRa's, we went to Imiginon and saw "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever". It was a musical and SO, SO good! I read the entire book to the kids on the drive up. It was a great way to start off the season!
My mom rode back home with us on Saturday and stayed until the following Sunday. It was so nice to have her in town for that long!
On Friday, we surprised the kids and pulled them out of school early. We drove down to Atlanta to check out Ponce City Market. We had a fun Mexican lunch and then the kids hit the candy store. 
Cutie pies
Such a neat building! It's an old factory turned into a Sears turned into this! It has restaurants, shops, and offices and connects to the beltline
We sat outside and enjoyed gelato. The only bad thing about this place is it's so expensive! On the roof, there is putt putt and arcade games. When I found out it was $10 per person just to get up there (and then even more money to do the activities), we had to decline.  

 Plan B was going to Avalon to go ice skating. It was pure joy watching her have so much fun out there! 

Mom and I enjoyed a glass of wine while watching her skate. 


My mom comes every December and we bake a huge batch of cookies. It's one of my favorite traditions! 

So much to be thankful for! Now on to Christmas!

No comments: