Monday, May 21, 2018

Adelyn's 9th Birthday

HOW do I have a 9 year old??!! Happy birthday, Adelyn Grace!

 Back in April (over Spring Break), we stayed one night with my best friend from college, Laura. Her daughter and Adelyn are just a couple weeks apart. Her sweet husband kept her two sons and James so that we could take the girls out for a birthday dinner. 

 Laura and I bought the girls Taylor Swift tickets back in December and surprised them for their birthdays. They have NO idea what's in these bags!
 "Are you ready for it?"... Laura and I were GIDDY with excitement when giving them these shirts. Their response was a little underwhelming. But, we chalk it up to them having NO idea what a ccncert is like. Or how over the top Taylor Swift will be! Laura and I can't wait to take them! 
 Adelyn's birthday was May 9th. She got a Lego set from James and some small things from us. She wanted waffles for breakfast. 
May 9th was also Field Day! James's class was in the morning session, so I met up with them for the last half. 
 Water balloon toss
 Adelyn's class was in the afternoon, so I walked with her class for the beginning portion
 She was SO excited Field Day was on her birthday 
 She got completely soaked!
 When I picked her up from school, we went to Mrs. Rachael's house (James's teacher from last year that is a phenomenal baker) to pick up this beautiful cake! OMG!
 We took Adelyn and 4 friends to Pinspiration, a DIY craft store
 The girls made puppies (plush pets). They had a blast! 

When we got home, they had cake (it was almost painful to cut that masterpiece) and they just played in the playroom. I THOUGHT they'd be worn out from Field Day, but not so much. They stayed up until 12:30 and woke up around 6:45. I guess that's not TOO bad?
 They had waffles, fruit, and donut holes for breakfast
 They wanted to play outside that morning. 

 This cracked me up. They wrote things like "Caution", "Do Not Enter", and "Danger!!" all over the driveway. We have pecan trees that put out those "worm" things all over the ground. They gathered those up to make a "barrier". This was all so that the parents couldn't come in to pick them up. Ha, ha! 
We walked to the end of our road and they were enamored with this horse. 

These are the sweetest girls! I'm so glad Adelyn has found such good friends. Happy birthday, Ms. Adelyn!

No comments: