Monday, May 21, 2018

London- Part 3

On Tuesday, Seth and I went out on our own. We took the tube to get us near Churchill War Rooms and had such a pretty walk through a park


GORGEOUS flowers!
 We didn't buy tickets ahead of time (in hindsight we should have, but never had an exact game plan on this trip!). The attendant said it could be a TWO HOUR wait! We decided to wait for one hour and see how far we got. It turned out we only had to wait 45 minutes to get in. I'm so glad we didn't abandon the plan! This was such a neat place and I learned so much. 
 Winston Churchill hated noise, so he made people use noiseless typewriters. He was an ornery man! We spent the bulk of the morning here. There was one part of the museum that left NO detail out regarding his life, the war, etc. You seriously could have spent all day in there just reading or watching videos. 
 After this we made our way over to The Belfast and stopped to see some fun sights
 London Eye in the background
 Shakespeare's Globe Theater! We didn't go in, but it was cool to see it. We grabbed pizza at a restaurant overlooking the river 
Next, we toured the HMS Belfast, a navy cruiser
 kitchen
Help! I'm in jail :) 
 sailor's cots
 from the deck
 HMS Belfast

I was about over learning at the end of this day, lol!
When we got home, there was a double rainbow! I was showing Madison. That night, we met Trevor back at Borough Market (he hadn't been and we were going to buy steaks and veggies for dinner). We were so pumped about going again.... but they shut it DOWN at 5 pm. Boo! Heather was home and ran to the store to get steaks and we grabbed some veggies from the one stand that wasn't closed yet. :( Again, another chill evening with yummy food and great company.

On Wednesday, I rode with Heather to take Madison to school. Her classroom was adorable!! Madison goes to the same school Prince George (except his is across the street at the "bigger kid" school). I was really hoping for a royal sighting! But it didn't happen. I guess they were with the new baby :) 
Mr. Noah was trying on my shoes. How cute is this kid? 
 Waiting for the tube
 We went to Victoria and Albert Museum. I loved seeing this Chihuly right as we walked in! Most of the museums are FREE in London!
 This museum was so big! We hit the areas of interest to us. Well, areas of interest to Heather and I.... I'm not sure fashion was Seth's #1 pick 
 We saw tons of silver! This held wine
 After the museum, we wanted fish and chips one more time
 I'm gonna miss this girl!
This was a random cafe, but I loved the painting and chairs!
 After this, we went to the Science Museum. 
For the kids, of course. 
Steam engines!
 That night we ate at The River Cafe. It was delicious, and a great way to end our time with the Ross family. They were so sweet to have us for a week and carve out the time to show us London. We flew home Thursday. We missed the kids like crazy and were so glad to be back to them. 



No comments: