Thursday, May 8, 2014

Monterey, CA

Seth had a race at Mazda Raceway (what used to be Laguna Seca) in Monterey, CA on Saturday, May 3rd. Seth, his parents, and I flew out on Wednesday. My sweet mom kept the kids until Sunday. I LOVE going to California. The weather was fantastic and it was nice to take a break! 

We flew into San Francisco and made the drive down. We stopped in Watsonville, where a lot of our produce comes from. Picture fields and fields of berries and vegetables! We ended up going to this produce stand again on our way back to San Fran. They have these homemade fig bars that are to die far. The produce was SO much cheaper than what we pay at home! 
Our hotel was on the ocean. On our first night, Seth and I had a drink before dinner and relaxed. Excuse the glasses....I either had pink eye or bad allergies this day. 
Thursday morning, I went for a BEAUTIFUL run! This trail goes as far as you can see in either direction. The flowers that can grow in this area are gorgeous. They have the perfect climate and things grow effortlessly. 
Seth didn't have to be at the track until later, so we had a little date breakfast at Trailside Cafe. YUM!

I spent the day in Carmel shopping with his parents. Carmel is charming. Everything is way out of my price range, but it's fun to look in all the boutiques. 
On Friday morning, Brenda and I meandered through the streets near the ocean. How cool is this floral tunnel?? We went to the track that afternoon and watched practice and qualifying (Dan qualified the car in 20th)
Saturday Fan Walk just before the race
This is pretty much how the race looked the last half. Seth battled these cars and did awesome!

 Go #82!
 Seth finished 6th. It was a great race! I am normally chasing around the kids and trying to watch the race in between. It was nice to focus just on the race. This is my favorite track to watch from because you're standing on this high hill watching the corkscrew on one side (where it feels like the cars are in your face) and the entire track on the other side. 
After the race, we drove back to San Francisco. We stopped at Phil's Fish Market for a delicious dinner. It's pretty fresh!

Great way to end the trip! We all had so much fun. We flew out early Sunday morning and let me just tell you, I was ready to see Adelyn and James!

I have to give a shout out to my mom for doing an amazing job with the kids. She took them to school, Adelyn had mini-jazz and a soccer game/soccer pictures, she took James to the library, she took them both to a dog show and the park, and they had some awesome quality time with Nana. It's nice to get away and know your children are in great hands. Thanks Mom!

No comments: