Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Folly Beach 2015

This year, we went to Folly Beach (we've gone to Isle of Palms for the past 4 years) at the beginning of the summer. We normally go in September, but we can't do that anymore with Adelyn starting school in August. It was kind of nice to not have to wait ALL summer long for my favorite trip of the year!

Upon arrival, the kids ran straight for the water and pretty much dove on in, clothes and all. 
We hit the beach first thing Sunday morning and James was ready for action! He wore his life jacket all day, every day....even in the sand. 
Adelyn is definitely my beach girl!
We walked to the pier and had icees
By day two, James liked to wear the life jacket AND goggles all day long
My dear friend from middle school lives at Folly (lucky girl!), so she and her son, who is about James's age, joined us on the beach. 
One of my dad's customers invited us on his boat. We met him around 4 on Monday and he took us all over the Charleston area. 
We saw so many porpoises 
Me, my honey, and the Morris lighthouse in the background 
Fort Sumter
My brother
The Yorktown....we got even closer than this to it! That was amazing!
Shem Creek (Mount Pleasant)
We were out for about 3 hours and the kids loved every bit of it. 
This really cool playground was near our condo. The kids had a blast!

Seth and Adelyn had a little date night and enjoyed Sushi by Lisa. My kids LOVE sushi (James was sick, so I stayed home with him and then went to dinner with a college friend when Seth and Adelyn returned)
Beautiful Wednesday morning sky :(
Unfortunately, James got really sick Tuesday night (puking and 102.5 fever). He was still sick Wednesday morning AND it was raining, so we stayed in the condo. Seth built the kids some fun forts!
By Wednesday evening, he was all better. Maybe the new pirate toys helped?
We had dinner at Bowen's Island. I had frogmore stew and thoroughly enjoyed my meal, the view, and the company. 
My dad and the kids watching the crabs 
Thursday morning, we went to see the Angel Oak on John's Island. It's a huge- 65 feet tall and is almost 500 years old. 
Life is good- enjoying popsicles on the beach
Seth and I 
Adelyn could boogie board all day long

Seth and I had a date night Thursday night. We stayed downtown and had a delicious dinner at Rue de Jean. We had a great evening!
We enjoyed Friday morning breakfast at Hot Little Biscuit. I will be back. That was so darn good!
Friday night was our last night, and we grilled out hamburgers after playing on the beach all day. We dined on the balcony. 

I just loved this beach trip with my family! I am thankful for the memories made. It's awesome to see your kids enjoy the same things you did when you were younger.....it's repeated memories in a new way, if that makes any sense!

No comments: