Friday, March 3, 2017

Weekend in Highlands

Our entire family hasn't been to Highlands in years. James doesn't even remember the house it's been so long! We spent President's Day weekend in the mountains with one of our favorite families, the Myers. 

Janie and Adelyn are just a few weeks a part and always get along so well. The Myers stopped in Cashiers and picked up pizza. We just chilled Friday night and tucked into bed early!
Can't complain about this view early in the morning! 
On Saturday we went for a nice hike. 
Mr. Brooks is a total cutie! 
Thomas and Myers Families
Laura and I 
This was Brooks's first time hiking in the backpack. He did great! And so did Mel, as there were lots of fallen trees to duck under or climb over!
After the hike we stopped for lunch at Mountain Fresh Grocery. The guys took the kids home while Laura and I shopped on Main Street :) 
We cooked steaks and enjoyed a great dinner Saturday night
I made this fun wine label to celebrate the weekend!
Laura brought me a belated birthday cupcake
Then we played Shut Yo Mouth
Hilarious!
I had a severe drooling problem and really stunk at the game. I put on Brooks's bib to save my shirt. 
Mel was drool free and you could understand him. Impressive!
The kids explored Sunday morning while Seth and I loaded the car up
Such a pretty view!

We thoroughly enjoyed our weekend away with great friends. 






No comments: