Monday, August 13, 2012

A bed for Baby Sarah

For Adelyn's 3rd birthday, she got a Cabbage Patch Kid and named her Baby Sarah (Sarah Adelyn to be exact). She has been asking for a bed to lay her in ever since. We're trying to save money, so I keep putting her off. I was honestly about to decorate a cardboard box with  markers when I remembered I had this wine crate (from our wedding SEVEN years ago). PLEASE NOTE, I am NOT a crafty person, but just wanted to share this project I did, because they don't happen very often. This was super cheap, as I already had the crate, paper, Mod Podge, and foam brush. The only thing I bought was ribbon and decorative pieces. I spent about $10.

 I measured the paper and brushed the crate with Mod Podge to adhere the paper. 

The paper has 2 coats of Mod Podge

I let Adelyn choose the ribbon. It's not what I would have chosen, but this is also not for me. She loves sparkles and pink.  I call this Preschool Diva meets Shabby Chic

I thought it needed a little more pizazz so I added these "diamonds" to the corners

I used an old pillow, covered it with a pillowcase Adelyn made at VBS, and added the small pillow and blanket.

Shhh...Adelyn is putting Baby Sarah to sleep. I'd love to add rockers to the bottom.
The only problem with this project is now she wants a bed for her other babies. Oh great....I guess we better buy some more wine! :)

1 comment:

Corrie said...

Too cute!! That's a great idea by the way!!! We have an old wine crate too! I just need a little girl! :)