Monday, August 6, 2012

Proud Wife- I'm married to an Indy winner!

We had an exciting two days in Indianapolis! This was the first time Grand Am has ever raced at Indy, so I had to go. My mom kept this kids at our house. Indianapolis is a really neat city. We enjoyed dinner and ice cream downtown Thursday night and I got up early on Friday morning and walked around downtown with two friends. The race was pretty crazy- it went from blazing hot to pouring down rain. There were lots of cautions. Bimmerworld had an awesome pit strategy and made the right call with not putting rain tires on. Here's BW's article with more race details: 

http://www.bimmerworldracing.com/bimmerworld-scores-historic-1-2-victory-at-inaugural-indianapolis-motor-speedway-grand-am-race.html

The art of racing in the rain 

Getting interviewed by SPEED Channel after winning

Getting ready to kiss the infamous bricks

Kissing the bricks! 

Seth and Dan with their trophies

Bimmerworld in 1st and 2nd!


Seth with his parents

I am SO, SO glad I got to go this race!!  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Resa!!!! That's awesome, congrtaulations! I showed Hunter and he is soooo exicted!

Indy is such a nice city & nice peple! We got to kiss the bricks this summer too:).