Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter

Since I have been married, I have spent one Easter at my house (and that was when Adelyn was due in a month). We normally stay at my parents' house in Tega Cay SC, eat lunch in Hickory NC, and then drive to Dawsonville GA for dinner. This is our first Easter without my grandmother, so that felt very different. I miss her. We stayed at our house and saved all the windshield time. 

Most importantly, we celebrated Jesus's resurrection and what that means to us as Christians. I love watching Adelyn's understanding of this miracle grow a little deeper each year. 

I gotta get better at food photography. At any rate, I made Rice Krispie bird nests for Adelyn's class Easter party
Me and my girl!


Egg Hunt! Stepping it up...the children had to find the eggs with their name on it. 
On Saturday morning, we dyed Easter eggs
Handsome cousins at the church Easter egg hunt Saturday afternoon 
Emily and Adelyn ready to hunt!

The couple that hosts the egg hunt basically live on a farm. James spotted the barn off in the distance and naturally assumed there were tractors inside. All he cared about was hunting for TRACTORS. 
Easter morning bunny pancakes
Easter baskets on the front porch
James got truck books and a shape sorting truck in his basket
Adelyn and Kate got matching bath robes
Hunting eggs....James was much more into it this time 
Before church
Matching yellow chick outfits
Conner's first Easter egg hunt at Papa's (Seth's grandfather's)
These eggs are really hidden!


Adelyn, Emily, Conner, Thomas, and James
Seth's cousins have a tradition of pitching the eggs across the street. The goal is to hit the barn roof. It's pretty funny to watch the boys compete!

No comments: